Legacy 32 | Performance
Made to Move. Designed to Perform.
An engine room is a funny place to start a tour of a boat, but one look at the engine room of the Legacy 32 and you’ll understand a lot about how Tartan builds the next generation of Legacy. Every fitting, every system, every installation is well thought out and carefully executed with the best equipment available. Little things like heat shrink, waterproof electrical connectors for a safer and more reliable electrical system. And big things, like an efficient and durable electronic Cummins diesel.
If you are ready for a change to a better breed of boat, one that offers greater dependability, more peace and quiet, more comfort at anchor and underway, come aboard the new Legacy 32 by Tartan.
- From the batteries to the panel the entire electrical system is the ultimate in dependability and convenience. Flip the switches and all the yacht’s systems and lights turn on as they would at home.
- Semi rigid pressure water system with push to lock connectors means no leaks in your fresh water system.
- The windshield wipers are top of the line Exalto with freshwater wash, auto park and variable speed.
- Structural bulkheads are a composite laminate for higher strength with less weight, the result is a more rigid hull at lighter weight, improving speed and fuel efficiency.
- There is a high capacity freshwater pump, an additional high water bilge pump with alarm, and auto bilge pumps for each bilge compartment and remote tank gauges, all in the interest of keeping your boat safe and trouble-free.
- The boat’s shorepower system includes a galvanic isolator to protect against stray current and corrosion.
- The engine room insulation has been molded in so not only is the Legacy 32 quiet, the engine room surfaces are easy to maintain.
Great Features Make Life Aboard So Inviting.
For the helmsman there is a truly convenient tilting steering wheel to make you driving position more comfortable, side windows slide open and the center windshield opens for great ventilation.
There are three below deck stainless steel hatches and two helm deck stainless steel hatches for superb ventilation. All hatches are fit with Skyscreens (screen and shade).
The 32 has a built in refrigeration drawer, a great looking stainless steel unit that is roomy and convenient, and the built in coffee maker is plumbed into pressure filtered water for complete convenience.
The companionway doors is a beautiful, Sapelle door with sliding plexi-glass upper slider for additional light below.
To the peace the majority of the boat’s machinery is located on a floating systems bulkhead that is insulated from the main bulkhead to reduce the transmission of noise and vibration. This is the quietest 32 around.
Wide side decks with a full length stainless steel rail gives on deck security.
Luxurious Interior. Brilliant Accommodations.
Look inside the Legacy 32 to discover a very embracing interior that begins with a bridge deck that’s just waiting to host friends and family with two long settees with room to spare. The helm and co-pilot seats are cleverly configured so that they can be raised or lowered to form two functions, in the lower position they extend the settee length for more seating or making the settees sleeping length bunks. In the upper position they offer variable height seating for the helm and co-pilot. The aft cockpit settee offers additional social seating for those who want to enjoy a nice sunny day.32-interior-design-icon
Below there is a generous centerline, island berth with full height hanging a stowage lockers and a shelf that runs the length of the berth. The head features a full stall shower with plexi-glass partition and door, freshwater flush electric head, solid surface countertops and back splash, and mirrored vanity.
The galley has the look and feel of a custom kitchen; home grade appliances including a stainless steel refrigerator drawer, build in coffee maker, electric stove top, microwave oven and solid surface countertops. Storage is plentiful in the outboard cabinet and the unique pull out Legacy storage island.
The interior is finished in rich cherry cabinetry, solid cherry raised panel doors and frames, varnished Sapelle planked cabin sole, and an offwhite soft headliner. Light and air pour in through six opening ports and three deck hatches.
|Tartan Legacy 32 Specifications & Features|
|LOA (inc. swim platform, anchor roller)||35.6 ft (10.8 m)|
|Hull Length (molded)||32.6 ft (9.9 m)|
|Beam max||12 ft (3.7 m)|
|Draft||3.3 ft (1.0 m)|
|Displacement||16,000 lbs (7257 kg)|
|Fuel tank||210 US gal (795 l)|
|Water tank||60 US gal (227 l)|
|Engine Performance Data|
|380 HP Cummins|
|RPM||Speed (top)||Fuel Burn|
|1750||8.3 knots||3 gal/hour|
|WOT||23 knots||16 gal/hour|
|420 HP Cummins|
|RPM||Speed (top)||Fuel Burn|
|1750||9.5 knots||6.6 gal/hour|
|WOT||25.4 knots||21.3 gal/hour|